We provide a home-like, learning-focused environment, with a small group of 12 full day children, and an additional 4 morning program children. Storybook offers a loving, comforting, and close-knit atmosphere in which for your child to learn and grow. There are always 2-3 childcare providers on staff to provide your child with ample one-on-one time and extra attention.
Storybook has a Toddler First Steps class as well as a cognitive-based Preschool Building Blocks class, which provides materials and opportunities to converse, socialize, work, play, and negotiate with others. The classrooms are devised to encourage curiosity, exploration, and problem solving.
Our learning environments include:
• Building blocks of various sizes and materials
• Materials and time for dramatic, imaginative play
• Manipulative table toys
• Art materials and tools to inspire creative exploration
• Sensory play materials, including sand and water
• A well-stocked library area
• Music and movement activities and exercises
• Cooking experiences
• Computer exploration
• Outdoor and gross motor play
• A comfortable quiet area for the child who needs to be alone
• Ample and rich language and print
• Writing tools and materials
Teachers actively plan experiences based on children’s interests and age-appropriate educational concepts. Children are actively involved in dynamic daily lessons which include foundations of math, science, social studies, creative art, language arts, music, movement, and dramatic play. All interrelated aspects of the child’s growth and development are considered — intellectual, social, emotional, physical, and creative.
Activities, experiences, and teacher-child interactions are constantly being measured and evaluated in terms of the following programs goals:
1. Development of a positive self-concept
2. Respect for the individuality and rights of others
3. Positive ways of interacting with both peers and adults
4. Acceptance and healthy expression of both positive and negative feelings
5. Growth of independence and self-sufficiency
6. Growth of creative thinking and problem solving
7. Cognitive growth and development
8. Emergent literacy development
9. Small and large muscle development
There are also daily specialized lessons which include:
|Monday:||Motion Athletics with Coach Megan|
|Tuesday:||Creative Movement with Sami Hinckley|
|Wednesday:|| Little Maestros music class with Miss B|
|Thursday:||Dance Lesson with Sami Hinckley|
|Friday:||Music and Spanish with Kat Soper|
Children gain knowledge by building on a path of ever increasing knowledge!
Now you can like us on Facebook!